There are times when you want to locate an original photo on your hard drive. Perhaps you want to save or archive the original on another drive or email it to someone. Often, you just want to find another image that you shot at the same time but that isn’t in your LuminarAI Catalog. No matter your goal, LuminarAI allows you to quickly locate your original image files on your hard drive.
Show in Finder / File Explorer
Here’s how to locate content in your LuminarAI Catalog on your hard drive. This can be useful for operations like copying or backing up data.
To locate a single image on your hard drive:
- Select an image in your Catalog.
- Right-click on the image and choose Show in Explorer (Windows) or Show in Finder (macOS).
- LuminarAI will open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (macOS) and reveal the file on your hard drive.
If you select multiple images before choosing Show in Explorer/Show in Finder, LuminarAI will locate the first one you selected.
To locate a folder of images on your hard drive:
- Switch to the Catalog view.
- Under the Folders collection in the Catalog panel, select the folder or subfolder you wish to locate.
- Right-click on it.
- In the pop-up menu, choose Show in Explorer (Windows) or Show in Finder (macOS). LuminarAI will reveal the folder on your hard drive.