Importing images differs from adding a folder of images to your Luminar Neo Catalog. Importing physically moves your images or lets you create a copy of your images to a new location.
You can import images from an internal hard drive, an external hard drive, and even a memory card.
- Create a new folder or select an existing folder in the Catalog panel.
- Right-click on the folder and choose Import Images to This Folder.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the images or folder of images you want to import and select them.
To locate the images you want to use on a memory card, they are likely in a folder labeled DCIM (for Digital Camera Images).
Click the Action menu to choose whether you want to Copy the images to a new location or Move them to the new folder and erase them on the source disk.
Note: How do you move?
If you choose the Move option, this will physically move the original photos to the
selected folder in your Library and its corresponding folder on your hard drive.
The original photo will be deleted from its original location once it is moved into
the new location. If importing from a locked memory card, the images will not be
Organizing Images During Import
To make it easier to find your best photos, Luminar Neo offers several ways to organize imported images. These commands automatically build subfolders based on different image or folder properties. Just click the Organize menu in the Import dialog to choose one of these options.
- Into One Folder. This will place all the images into a single level of the folder. No subfolders will be created.
- Keep Existing Folder Structure. If there are additional folders inside the folder you are importing, subfolders will be created to reflect the original folder structure.
- Year/Month/Day. Luminar will look at the creation date of the image and create subfolders based on the year, month, and day of the month the photo was taken.
- Year/Month. Luminar will look at the creation date of the image and create subfolders based on the year and month the photo was taken.
Mark the Include Subfolders checkbox if you want to take additional folders of images contained within a selected folder. If this is checked, Luminar will add images from all subfolders inside the selected folder. If left unchecked, only the images at the top level of the folder will be imported. The contents of the subfolders will be ignored.